This Is Exactly How Much You Have To Walk To Start Losing Weight
Walking is one of the easiest, but still most effective exercises. Walking can also help you improve health and tone the muscles while losing weight.
Yet, only a few are aware that walking can help you lose a pound or more weekly, and even 20 pounds in 5 months, without a specific diet regimen or another workout.
Walking can also help you improve health and tone the muscles while losing weight. Yet, you need to know some important principles of walking in order to lose weight in this way.
First of all, two factors determine the number of calories burnt during walking, the walking place, and your body weight. For example, if you walk with an average speed of 4 miles per hour, you can burn 400 calories in 1 h. 3 miles more will help you lose additional 300 calories.
If you make a daily plan and use a pedometer to help you while walking, you can obtain remarkable results
The pedometer or wristband serves to monitor the daily exercises and it will increase the chances to achieve the effects you desire. Wear it near the hips, and it is not heavy but it will count the steps you have made during the day.
In this way, you will know exactly how many more steps you need to do in order to lose weight.
Therefore, if you make 7,000 steps daily and you still do not lose weight, you can mathematically solve the issue and find out how to add the mileage as per a number of calories you should burn.
Most people should make 2.000 steps in a mile to burn calories, usually, 100 are burnt in a mile. The pedometer will count your steps and you will determine how many calories are burnt and how much more are needed. This is explained below:
- 1 Mile = 2.000 steps and 100 calories burned
- 1 Pound – 3.500 calories
- Losing 1 Pound of weight a week = 500 calories a day
- 10.000 steps daily will help you 1 pound in a week
Yet, you can start slowly and then increase the number of steps. The following tips will help you reach the needed 2,000:
- Do not use a taxi or a bus, but walk
- You can walk with your children to school
- Park the car far away from the place you are heading
- You can walk to your home or work, or get off the bus on the halfway
- Use the stair instead of the elevator
- Some pedometers tell the number of pounds lost and a number of burnt calories which can additionally stimulate you. If possible, purchase a good-quality pedometer which will record all steps and all calories burnt, in order to control your achievements, and boost the process of weight loss.
The following tips will help you make the routine more interesting and exciting:
- You should listen to your favorite music which will motivate you to keep walking
- You should change the routine and walk in different parks, areas, and neighborhoods
- Invite a friend to join you while walking once or twice a week, in order to avoid it becoming a boring daily task
- You should constantly change the track and enjoy new sites while walking. This will make walks an interesting journey in nature
- When it is cold outside, you can purchase a treadmill and watch a movie or your favorite TV series while walking
Even though we all know how to walk, certain tips on the style will boost the effects of the exercise.
Therefore, with the chin up, concentrate your eyes 100 feet forward, tighten the abdomen in the same direction with the spine and squeeze the glutes. In this way, the effects will be dramatically improved.
When it comes to how much is enough, you can initially consult your doctor, who can tell if your body is healthy for this exercise, and will advise you on how much is needed, but not more than enough.
First, walk three times a week for 15-20 minutes, and then gradually raise the routine. The optimal condition is to be able to walk 30-60 minutes every day of the week. In this way, you will use walking to achieve amazing effects in a completely natural way, and without any strict diets.
Share and Enjoy