Matcha Cookie Bites.Healthy and tasty.
- 2 1/2 cups organic unbleached white flour
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Matcha Tea
- 1 tsp non-aluminum baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 cup organic maple syrup
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp pure almond extract
- 1/4 cup Dried Cherries
- 1/4 cup Pistachios
- 1/4 cup Tamari Roasted Almonds
- 1/4 cup organic semi-sweet baking chocolate, coarsely grated
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup Grape Butter
- Preheat oven to 350°. Mix all dry ingredients together. Mix all wet ingredients together. Combine dry and wet ingredients, and mix thoroughly.
- Lightly oil two large baking sheets. Scoop out about 1 1/2 to 2 teaspoons cookie dough for each cookie, roll into 1-inch balls, and place in rows on the cookie sheet about 2-inches apart. You should have approximately 7 rows of cookies with 10 or so cookies in each row. Press the center of each ball of cookie dough down with your thump to form an indentation.
- Fill approximately 10 cookies in each row with one of the following fillings: 2 dried cherries, 1 almond, 2 pistachios pressing them down slightly. Fill one more row of cookies with 1/4 teaspoon grated chocolate and 1/4 teaspoon coconut in each indentation, and one row with 1/2 teaspoon shredded coconut. Do not fill the last remaining row cookies with grape butter until after baking. You should now have 7 rows of cookies with approximately 10 cookies each, with one row unfilled.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes. Remove immediately and allow to cool. Fill the remaining unfilled cookies with about 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon grape butter.
- Arrange all cookies on a serving platter.
To store, place in a cookie tin or box with layers of baking or wax paper between each type of cookie. Cover with a lid to prevent the green tea from oxidizing and loosing its bright green color.
Per serving: 52 calories, 2g fat (40% calories from fat), 1g protein, 7g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 0mg cholesterol, 38mg sodium
Share and Enjoy