Keep Mosquitoes Away With These Plants
1. BasilBasil has essential oil or phytoextracts within the Ocimum basilicum plant, that is an effective mosquito repellent. Scientists have found out that that the extracts, most particularly petroleum ether leaf, were effective not only for repelling mosquitoes, but also for killing mosquito larvae.
2. CitronellaIs the most common ingredient used in making mosquito repellents. Citronella has a strong lemon-scented smell which masks attractants to mosquitoes, making it harder for them to find you. Citronella is also used in many forms, such as torches and scented candles, but the living plant is more effective because of its stronger smell.
3. Lemon GrassLemon grass or Cymbopogon citrates contains citronella, a natural oil that keeps mosquitoes away. It also also used in Southeast Asia to flavor foods such as chicken and used as an anti-inflammatory medicine in India. Lemongrass is known for its wonderful aroma, making in useful in making perfumes and other toiletries.
4. RosemaryRosemary or Rosmarinus officinalis is an herb, that most of us are very familiar with. They can be planted in your garden to control mosquito infestation. It can also be mixed into various lotions and formulas to act as a mosquito repellent for the body.
5. MarigoldMarigold contains Pyrethrum, a compound most commonly used in many insect repellents. They also have a distinctive smell which mosquitoes and some gardeners, find particularly offensive, therefore making them an effective mosquito repellent.
Share and Enjoy