How To Determine Your Body Type For Smart Weight Loss
Your Body Type CharacteristicsHere are the 3 body types: Ectomorph, Endomorph and Mesomorph:
- Rectangular appearance without curves;
- Tall and lean;
- Very little body fat;
- Very little muscle tone;
- Narrow shoulders;
- Flat chests (in women);
- Flat bottoms.
Benefits: Hard to gain weight.
Training: More strength training and less cardiovascular exercises.
Nutrition: 5 to 6 smaller meals per day instead of 3 large meals. Include healthy fats.
- Pear like appearance;
- Shorter and rounder;
- Gain fat very easily;
- Slow metabolisms;
- Hard to burn excess body fat;
- Muscles are not very well defined;
- Carry most of their weight in the lower body;
- Hourglass shape when in good physical condition.
Benefits: Build muscle quickly.
Training: 5 times per week 30 minutes of moderate intensity cardiovascular exercises and 3 times per week 30 minutes of strength training.
Nutrition: 5 to 6 small high-fiber meals per day. Avoid crash diets.
- Hourglass like appearance;
- Similar size shoulders and hips;
- Gain muscle easily;
- Gain weight if don’t exercise;
Benefits: Athletic with well-defined muscles.Training: More strength training, less cardiovascular exercises.
Nutrition: 3 high-protein, low-carb meals per day.
In the infographic below you can find an easy quiz to determine what is your body type. Take the quiz and follow the training and nutrition tips provided for your body type. Stay fit!
Share and Enjoy