Cocoa food of the gods since ancient times, is considered a precious food. Cocoa grows on trees with an average height of 4-8 meters and belongs to the evergreen family Sterculiaceae. The origin of this plant is the tropical areas of South America, and the fruit is most commonly used to make cocoa powder and chocolate. The fruit of the cocoa tree is egg-shaped, up to 30 cm long and weighs up to 500 grams. The fruit inside is with white content with 20-60 seeds.
The pulp is used to make juices and the fruit is used for producing cocoa powder and cocoa butter, or the whole fruit can be eaten.
Raw cocoa, in beans, chunks or powder, it is according to its nutritional properties, one of the most nutrient-rich foods in the world.
Each seed contains up to 50% fats of which cocoa butter is produced. The cocoa has theobromine, an ingredient very similar to caffeine.
In the wild form, cocoa is now possible to find only in the foothills of the Andes at an altitude of 200-400 meters, in the Amazon and in the vicinity of the Orinoco River.
The first European encounter with cocoa had Christopher Columbus who cocoa called/hazelnuts with amazing look/
Cocoa effects on health:
– protects the body from free radical damage
– protect against heart disease and vascular
– an excellent source of iron
– promotes better memory and concentration
– helps regulate blood pressur
– reduces stress and depression
– protects against many types of cancer
– regulates blood sugar and cholesterol
– reduces the risk of heart attack
– Cocoa contains more than 300 chemical substances with positive effects on health.
Share and Enjoy