Best Herbs to Increase Breast Milk Production Effectively
1. FenugreekThis herb is considered one of the best remedies for increasing milk supply because it has the ability to stimulate the glands that produce baby’s natural food. This herb has phytoestrogens that work to increase milk production and even motivates sweat gland activity. Note that the mammary glands are also sweat glands.
2. Fennel SeedsFennel seeds are galactogogues, which means they are herbs that stimulate breast milk production. Adding these seeds to your diet can even help you with your digestion and even prevent colic in your newborn child.
3. Cumin SeedsHere is another seed that you should consume if your milk production is not enough for your baby. Cumin seeds are also effective in improving how mother’s digestive system works as they can provide relief from bloating, acidity, and constipation. These seeds are also rich in iron, giving new mothers the strength they need after delivering their baby.
4. AlfalfaThis herb comes with antioxidants and plenty of vitamins and minerals. This can provide your milk production enough stimulation, so that you can feed your baby with no problems. You can add alfalfa seeds and sprouts to your soups and salads. You can also drink tea by brewing alfalfa leaves.
5. GarlicHere is another galactogogue that you can easily find in your kitchen. Adding this to your food can help your lactation and even provide you with several health benefits. There is one study that concluded how this herb helps babies improve on their suckling and latching.
6. GingerFor some moms who don’t like garlic, ginger can be an alternative. This root is not only a galactogogue, but also a blood tonic. You can add this to your meals in order for you to maintain good milk flow. You can also make ginger tea by boiling grated ginger and adding honey to taste. These herbs are very easy to find, cheap, and safe for your baby. If you have a certain condition, such as asthma and diabetes, you may want to consult your doctor first before you try any of the herbs above as a breast milk booster.
Share and Enjoy