6 THINGS WILL HAPPEN WHEN YOU START DOING SQUATS
1. You’ll strengthen and transform your quadriceps, glutes, hamstrings, calves and core musclesPerforming exercises for your lower body, efficiently rids your body of excess stored fuel, better than any other exercises. You will work out muscles in your legs and your core, over and over again.
2. You’ll strengthen your bones, connective tissues and jointsAdding strength to your body can never hurt. For example, all of this is so important in preventing osteoporosis and injuries. Even if your squats are meant to tone your body, the side effects can benefit your health as well.
3. You’ll be performing one of the best functional exercises that ever existedThis exercise promotes mobility and balance. It will help you to do your day in and day out activities with ease. From picking up dropped items to balancing, squats prep your body for movement of all types.
4. You’ll be able to enjoy a powerful physical activity anywhere, any timeSquats don’t require you to go to a gym or pay for any expensive equipment. I do recommend that you check your posture and form by seeking the advice of a fitness professional.
5. You’ll enjoy the benefits of improved postureThe muscles that you strengthen while performing a squat, will help you to sit, stand and walk taller and more confidently.
6. You’ll be changing the hormonal environment in your body … for the betterTwo of the major hormones that shed your body of excess stored fuel, testosterone and growth hormone, skyrocket during exercise and afterward DHEA kicks in! DHEA is an amazing hormone that is responsible for shedding the body of excess stored fuel, muscle building, mood enhancement, sex drive increase, and immunity. So, How do you do a squat? When you perform a squat … I want you to really feel the move! As you squat down, imagine that you are about to sit in a chair, keeping your back straight, your eyes looking straight ahead, your core engaged and your body weight spread from your heels to the balls of your feet. As you push yourself back up, actively push through your heels. Squat at a level that feels comfortable for your body and slowly work up to progressing lower, if you choose to do so. If you don’t feel balanced, a wall squat is wonderfully supportive and just as effective. Bonus tip for a full body experience One of my favorite exercise designs is a squat, to a bicep curl, to an overhead press, then run in place for two to three minutes and perform a set of push-ups. This is a priceless work-out system that can be performed before work, at work, or anytime that you want a simple, quick, efficient and powerful workout that guarantees to transform your exquisite self! Perform two to three sets and as many repititions as possible, while still being able to maintain perfect form. And please do a full body warm-up before exercising and a full body stretch after exercising … always.
Share and Enjoy