5 Glute Exercises Better Than Squats
5 Glute Exercises Better Than SquatsHere are 5 glute exercises better than squats you need to try:
1⃣ Single-Leg Deadlift With KettlebellThis exercise is perfect for your backside, but it engages your hamstring, glutes and core too. Here’s how to perform a single-leg deadlift with kettlebell:
- Hold a 20 pounds kettlebell in your left hand, and lift your right foot slightly off the ground. This is the starting position.
- Keeping your back straight, lean your entire upper body forward while raising your right leg. Maintain your right leg in line with your body. The kettlebell should be closer to the floor.
- With your back straight, return to the starting position. At this time one rep is done.
- (If you want to make this workout more challenging, don’t touch the floor with your right leg as you go through your reps.)
- Do 3 sets of 15 reps on each leg.
2⃣ Curtsy LungesHere’s how to perform curtsy lunges:
- Stand straight with your feet shoulder-width apart and your hands together at the chest level. This is the starting position.
- Keeping your hips square, cross your left leg behind you and step backward as you lower your left knee toward the floor. Your right knee should remain directly above your right ankle.
- Pause for 2 seconds, then press into your right heel as you stand and return to the starting position.
- Do 3 sets of 15 reps on each side.
3⃣ Hydrants With Leg ExtensionHere’s how to perform hydrants exercises with leg extentions: Begin on all fours with your knees hip-width apart. This is the starting position. Lift your left knee on your left side, then extend the left foot straight out to the side. Pause for 2 seconds before you bend your knee again, and bring your leg back to starting position. Do 3 sets of 20 reps on each side.
4⃣ Step-UpsWalking up flights of stairs is a great full body workout, but stepping up onto a bench is the perfect move for your tush. Here’s how to perform the step-ups: Stand in front of your bench or a chair and place your right foot in the center of the seat. With your hands, hold a barbell behind your head, right above the shoulders. This is the starting position. Step up onto the bench and bring your left knee forward and up. Lower yourself back to the starting position, with the foot landing quietly. Switch legs and repeat to complete one rep. Do 3 sets of 20 reps on each leg.
5⃣ Bear Plank Leg LiftsBegin in a plank position with your shoulders stacked above your wrists. Bend both knees slightly, and then bend your right knee to 90 degrees. This is the starting position. With a flexed foot, squeeze your glutes, and raise your right heel up toward the ceiling as high as you can. Pause for 2 seconds, then bring your right knee back to the starting position. Do 3 sets of 15 reps on each side. source: www.naturalnutritionguide.com
Share and Enjoy