16 Epsom Salt Uses You Never Knew About
1. Sore MusclesYou can relieve sore muscles by taking an Epsom salt bath or you can make your own Epsom salt past. Create an Epsom salt paste by combining one cup of Epson salt with some hot water. Apply to sore muscles.
2. DigestionEpsom salt can improve digestion, due to the fact that it is great at eliminating toxins in the body, which will improve upon your entire digestive tract. It can help with upset stomachs, as well as aid in the softening of stool, which aids the elimination of unwanted toxins from the body.
3. SunburnsEpsom salt has been known to aid in the relief of sunburn and has been used for this purpose for thousands of years. The anti-inflammatory properties that salt contains aids in the relief of burning and itching. Mix two tablespoons of Epsom salt with one cup of water in a spray bottle and then apply it to the burned skin.
4. DetoxificationThis type of salt is great for detoxification of the body and is an integral part of flushing out toxins.
5. SplintersEpsom salt can be used to remove splinters. Simply pour a good amount of Epsom salt into a reservoir of warm water and let the area soak in the warm water. Salt draws out foreign objects on the surface, as well as inside the skin and will pull the splinter out, most of the time.
6. General HealthEpsom salt is an amazing source of magnesium. Magnesium is responsible for over 300 critical body functions including regulating blood pressure, enhancing circulation in the body, regulating blood sugar and helping the body to utilize insulin as well. To use epsom salt, pour 2 cups in your bath with 1 cup baking soda. You can also add your favorite essential oils.
7. Dry LipsTreat dry lips by combining Epsom salt with coconut oil for a homemade lip scrub that will remove dry and dead skin and leave your lips looking plump.
8. SleepSleep is enhanced with Epsom salt, as it naturally soothes and relaxes the body. Try an Epsom salt bath before bed to relax the body and get you ready for sleep.
9. GardeningEpsom salt will help the plants in your garden grow to full fruition. Many people don’t know, but the salt is amazing in aiding fruits and vegetables in getting all of the nutrients they need and by adding a handful of Epsom salt to the base of the plants near the main stems, they will undoubtedly grow better and fuller.
10. HairYou can add Epsom salt to your hair in the shower to increase volume. It will help to get rid of unwanted oil, which can cause your hair to look flat because it is weighed down.
11. ExfoliateExfoliate your face by mixing one half teaspoon Epsom salt with your regular face cleanser.
12. BruisesEpsom salt is great at reducing the appearance of bruises and can be used to eliminate them more rapidly. Mixing with water and applying it straight to the skin several times a day will help the bruises to fade faster, although they won’t go away immediately.
13. FeetTreat feet with Epsom salt foot soaks to alleviate swollen feet, foot odor and even toe fungus.
14. Poison IvyTreat the itchiness and irritation of poison ivy by creating an Epsom salt compress of two tablespoons of Epsom salt with one cup of water.
15. Bug Bites and Bee StingsTreat itchy bug bites and even bee stings by mixing two tablespoons of Epsom salt with one cup of water. Dip a clothe in the solution and apply to the affected area.
16. Cold and FluEpsom salt can be used in the treatment of a cold or flu, as the properties in salt aid the body in fighting infection and will help you feel better and recover quicker from all sorts of illnesses. Source:facthacker.com
Share and Enjoy