10 Warning Signs That Something Is Wrong With Your Liver
Read below 10 tell-tale symptoms that your liver is dysfunctional:
1. JaundiceIt is a ‘classic sign’ that a liver disease is present. When jaundice takes over your body, then the skin and whites of your eyes turn yellow. This happens when bilirubin [which is a type of bile that is normally removed from the liver] is allowed to build up, and this condition starts to color the skin.
2. Pain around the eyebrowsIf you feel a headache that starts behind the eyes, it may be well-associated with ongoing liver issues because of body imbalances. When food and blood are not properly digested or filtered in the liver, your body will react with inflammation behind the eyes.
3. Constantly feeling nauseousWhen your liver is not doing its job properly, it is very common to feel some form of nausea, since the liver has direct ‘feedback’ on your digestive system. So, keep a track of which foods you have been eating, and when you experience this nausea. It is likely that when you eat foods with a higher load of toxicity, you will experience a higher degree of nausea.
4. Very pale or bright stool is another sign of liver malfunctioningYour stool will look brighter than usual [or extremely pale] if you have liver complaints, because when the liver isn’t working well, very little bile is being released. In return, less bile in bowel movements will result in a stool that looks different than average ones.
5. Watch out for this sign too: bitter taste in the mouth after eatingWhen you eat food, the liver normally releases bile to break down food into digestible parts. If your liver is failing this pathway, you might notice a bitter taste in your mouth after eating food as a result of your liver releasing unusual amounts of bile.
6. Bile “attack”When something is going wrong with your liver, it is likely secreting bile in abnormal quantities. As a case in point, you will feel a rush of bile that moves through your gallbladder, and it may feel tender or painful for a few minutes. A bile attack is a positive indicator that your liver isn’t working well.
7. Feeling a chronic fatigueIf you feel chronically tired-and-exhausted, it can also mean that liver problems are in there. When the liver isn’t healthy any more, it cannot detoxify blood efficiently. The main function of the blood in your blood vessels is to transport oxygen throughout the body, so if the blood is “sick” so to speak, then it won’t perform this task as efficiently as it should. As a result, you will experience noticeable fatigue during the day.
8. The appearance of hemorrhoids or varicose veinsYour blood and liver are in a constant ‘liaison,’ so when the circulatory system starts to fail, hemorrhoids and varicose veins manifest as a consequence. As mentioned above, an unhealthy liver leads to poor circulation, which will result in high visibility of veins along the skin.
9. You may feel pain under the shoulder bladesYour liver sits just below your shoulder blades along your backside. If the liver cannot properly secrete bile, you will sometimes feel pain across your upper-to-mid-back area.
10. Last, but not least, there is a stomach pain after eating too many fats!The liver also functions as an aid to help digest food. So, after eating a fatty meal, those lipids cannot be digested well by the liver, and you will usually get a stomachache. You can avoid this problem by having a plant-based diet which is low in refined and excessively processed foods.
This is how you can help your liver function normally:The best way to ward off liver problems is to live a healthy lifestyle and largely reduce or completely cut alcohol consumption. Regular exercising, drinking plenty of healthy water, and consuming a mostly plant-based diet (raw would be optimal) will help your liver to optimize nutrient absorption, and to simultaneously stay workable for a good portion of your living.
So, if you are a smoker, you should quit it. You should also consider reducing the amount of processed foods you eat every day, as well as reduce consumption of wheat and dairy. A 1-litre-jar of lemon water in the morning will also help flush out toxins out of your body, and thus make your liver work less laboriously
Share and Enjoy